Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Valentine's Flow
Thanks to a Young Women's activity, Hannah was able to teach me and Rose an awesome new thing--decorating cookies with Royal Icing and doing the whole color-flow thing. This has intimidated me for a long time because I don't really get the directions on the meringue powder can as it keeps talking about "color flow" mix but that's not what the can I'm holding is but anyway the internet helps clear things up (sort of) as well as me having several years experience with Royal Icing for gingerbread houses so I was able to whip up a batch of icing that worked perfectly. I used way more water than it said on the directions but who cares--it all worked out. And it was not just pretty to create--it was also weirdly relaxing to do. Hannah ended up decorating the most cookies but Rose did a great job as well. This will definitely be revisited at Easter for cookie eggs! I am also including a picture here of me and Hannah that she was so fond of it ended up on her Instagram (gasp!). 


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment