Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Grandmas and Grandpas

I am seriously probably less than a week or so away from becoming a Grandma myself for the first time and it has had me thinking a lot about what exactly this means. My children have been so blessed to have had both sets of their grandparents be such an important part of their lives. I rarely saw mine because they lived so far away but my kids truly know their grandparents. I still wish they knew even more about them though and their lives as they were growing up so I have been trying to encourage both sets to put down "on paper" in some way memories they have. At the same time I am trying to be better about recording my own history and getting Jer to do his as well. There is just one "you" that will ever live on this planet and it IS interesting what you have done and are doing. I am including here an awesome tribute to my husband's parents that ended up in a newspaper in Idaho and then a couple pictures of my parents from the last time they came to visit. Isaac loves to follow my dad around and copy his exercises which actually included crawling around on the floor--I just never got a clear picture of that. And yes, that is my mother riding on Isaac's turtle scooter! Ha, ha! I love it! Grandparents are the BEST!

No comments: