Tuesday, February 16, 2016
3 hearts to a million
This is definitely one of those things I don't want to forget--how sweet and loving my Isaac is especially at bedtime. I may have written before about what an incredible sleeper he has been since nearly the very beginning and boy what a blessing that has been to me! I've even had him come up to me and say "I'm tired, can I go to bed?" He goes to bed at 8 o'clock just about every night like clockwork and doesn't even fight us hardly ever. Usually only if there are a lot of people here and he's worried about missing out on something fun. We have always given our kids hugs and kisses before they go to bed at night but Isaac is the only one who always want to give more. He got in the habit quite a while back of giving me "3 hearts" whenever he went to sleep or I was leaving the house to run errands. He would pretend hand me 3 hearts from his chest. How adorable is that!? He would always say "I give you 3 hearts" but then not long ago I guess he realized that really isn't that high of a number and got the idea to give me a million hearts! So every night before he goes to bed he gives me a million hearts and now he also tells me he hopes I sleep well and that I have good dreams. Just melts my heart! I have also noticed that he is pretty sensitive to sadness in movies and truly has that kind, caring heart that makes me so proud. I am feeling sensitive this week I guess about how quickly my children's childhoods are passing. I put together a second blog book from 2009 and it made me realize how very much stuff I have missed putting on here in the past few years (due greatly in part to my finishing school I think). I want the kids to remember so many things and I feel such a responsibility to capture that. I enjoy blogging as well but after the boys left on their missions I had such a hard time feeling motivated. But so much happened and continues to happen that I've just got to jump back in there! Here are a couple pictures of me and Jer with the kids we still have left at home that make me smile.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment