Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Rose is 11!



My kids need to stop growing up so fast! Seriously, now that I have 2 (of my 6) kids grown, returned from missions, married to 2 beautiful young ladies and a grandson due next week (uh, yes, this blog is a wee bit behind but I'm working on it!) I feel like time is on some kind of racetrack. Rose's next birthday means she is done with Primary and on to Young Women's and I am feeling that panic of only having one child left in Primary which means I am practically an empty nester--aaaarrrrggghhh!

Rose is a very interesting girl with lots of specific likes and dislikes. I think my favorite part of this past Christmas was when she opened a present of Hello Kitty pajamas and hesitantly goes--"Uh, mom, I hate Hello Kitty. I was afraid to tell you but you keep buying me this kind of stuff." Then Hannah tells me she told her this in secret last Christmas but was worried to hurt my feelings. Apparently that wore off but it seriously just made me laugh. I took her to the store to choose her replacement and she came out with a Wonder Woman set of pjs? Never would have guessed. She is completely obsessed with cute things (big-eyed stuffed animals are high on her request lists) but I guess Hello Kitty is just not cute. Sorry to the Hello Kitty people. And speaking of her lists, this is another interesting thing Rose does--she makes me specific lists for Christmas and birthdays so I am reminded of all the things she truly wants. I think I suggested it once because seriously with this many kids and my forgetful brain I truly need the help. But her lists are not obnoxious and greedy and are often filled with odd things like a picture of me in a locket on a necklace or bottles of Gatorade. That is another obsession of hers--Gatorade.
 She is super loving and kind and has a very tender heart but it is getting a little tougher with the teenage years approaching quickly. So sad that unkindness at school helps creates this in kids. She does deal with some drama at school with other girls that Hannah never experienced. I hope she learns how to handle herself well. She is already showing an incredible ability to forgive and to control her own reactions that will bless her greatly. She still loves to do kid things but she is already so tall! It is hard to think of her as just barely 11. I am thinking there is a really good chance she will be near 6 feet tall when she is done growing and the next couple of years will prove that. We are so blessed that we still have someone close enough to Isaac's age and young enough at heart to actually enjoy playing with him--sometimes. She really is a great older sister and has shown much love to Isaac over the years. In fact she has probably been quite formative to his personality which is a great thing because she is so kind and loving.
  
She got a few things off things of her list for her birthday--one of which was a flip-phone. She adores this phone even though almost all the girls at school were horrified that she got such a lame phone since most of them have iPhone 6s I guess. But she was super happy to be able to text people especially and Nick has been very kind in becoming her texting buddy. She may have been driving certain other siblings crazy with it (I think Hannah blocked her) but Nick and Shay (his wife) have been very kind to her. They even came over on her birthday to heart attack her door. How sweet was that? Rose is a joy to have as a daughter and we are truly greatly blessed to have her as part of our family. Just stop growing up so fast! AAAHHHH!

No comments: