

Walmart pickup is my new favorite thing! I'm not sure what took me so long to try this out but I am SO glad I finally did and now I would like to do all my shopping this way. I've gotten so spoiled by it and so fast that I would even be willing to pay a fee to still be able to do this but don't tell Walmart that. On the first visit I got a little gift bag for being a first time customer and then this weekend on my sixth trip I got another and man, do I love free stuff. I realize it's just an advertising gimmick but I don't care. I love it! Even the little bags have come in handy. I've had a lot of people ask me about produce and eggs, etc. and I have to say I have been extremely pleased with everything so far. The workers seem more worried about giving me broken eggs or bananas I won't like than I expected and they inspect things pretty thoroughly. I haven't had one cracked egg and while the weekly 12 lbs! of bananas I buy are generally pretty green--I actually need them that way since they are for smoothies for the entire week for my family. The only thing that bothers me so far is that I can't get the milk I usually buy for the same price online. I don't know why but the Price First 2% milk has been $1.40ish lately in the store and online it is always over $2.50. So weird. I usually have Jer run in while I do the pickup to grab milk at the lower price and I swing around and pick him (and the milk plus treats he's collected) up when I'm done. One of my older sons pointed out I am losing the money I save on the milk by letting that man loose alone in the store but it's the principle of the matter. :-) Anyway, we really aren't using much milk these days--I didn't even buy any this week so it's not really a big deal but it's kind of odd. I haven't noticed a price discrepancy on anything else. The Walmart pickup has given me back my Saturdays (literally 20 minutes or less to do the weekly grocery shopping!) and this makes me so, so happy! Everyone should at least try it out--I don't even get out of the car anymore to help them load stuff and then I make my kids do all the work when I get home so this is one very happy mama.
No comments:
Post a Comment