Saturday, February 25, 2012

Ida Lou

For the first time ever Jer and I got to be one of the first to welcome a new Howe (although she's a Potter) other than our own. Sarah and Reese had their sweet baby girl, Ida Lou, on Wednesday this week. It was a little unexpected as we just thought Sarah would go into labor on her own. She and I went to our "walk and tone" class Monday and then at her doctor's appointment the next day the doctor decided she needed to come on Wednesday. This actually worked out pretty well since Sarah's mom (my MIL) was already planning to fly in Thursday night and Sarah's (and Jer's obviously) sister Amy was going to fly in Friday night. So there would be no stressing over when the baby would come because she was here!
These first two pictures are the only ones out of order since I wanted one with the whole new family on top. Here's what Sarah and Reese looked like about four hours after having Ida. Sarah was amazing--having her first with no epidural! Seems to me like they are both pros at this already although Reese did mention something about having PTSD now. :-)They finally brought the baby in and she was so perfect and adorable (just like all mine of course :-) )!She was so alert too!I'm so proud to have caught her first "smile" on camera. :-)I wish I'd gotten pictures of Reese changing her first diaper--he's already an amazing daddy! And here's me and Jer showing off our new niece!I didn't get to see Ida on day 2 but we did get Barbara from the airport and took her to see Grandchild #27! So then Friday they were ready to come home and a friend from church decorated their door for their homecoming.I took the younger kids over to see Ida for a few minutes the day she came home (which was yesterday--seems like a long time ago and I'm actually getting some sleep :-) ). Here she is with Grandma Howe. I believe she is the first grandchild for Reese's parents so I know they must be so excited too. And here she is with Grandma earlier today. I can't stop laughing at this picture of Isaac. He looks a little too excited to be that close to a baby. He has been getting sillier and sillier this week. He also now looks like a giant to all of us and I don't know how but he's not a baby anymore. :-) He's 14 months so that's how far apart he and Ida will be and they are going to be the best of friends!And here's Ida with her Aunt Amy. These pictures are so sweet!I really wish I had gotten even more pictures especially tonight when Reese and Sarah were sitting on the floor carefully putting Ida in her car seat to leave our house and our two girls were sitting right next to them watching and asking questions. It was so sweet and I thought about something my mom said when she came to see us when we had Isaac and both Jer and I were holding the baby and she said it was so good to see a baby that was wanted and loved so much and that is exactly what Ida has too. She is a very blessed girl and so are her parents! What a beautiful family!

4 comments:

Grandpa Howe said...

I can hardly wait to meet her. Perfect baby, perfect parents, perfect love...

snapie said...

Cute:)

Sarah said...

Linda, you are the best!!! You documented everything so well!!!! I couldn't ask for a better sister:) And Ida just LOVES her auntie Linda! You are the best "Boobla" ever! LOL!

Rozanne said...

Ah! She is so sweet and I love the chubby cheeks. Not many babies come out with those cheeks. It took my babies a couple of months to get them! :) I am so glad you guys get to be so close to family. And...I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW GROWN-UP ISAAC IS!!! What a cutie! Isn't it weird when you are around a new baby you realize how big your youngest really is? I can't wait to see you guys again. We miss hanging out with you.