Monday, January 30, 2012
Ouch...that hurts my eyeballs
I went to Target today and discovered neon or flourescent or whatever they are called colors are making a big comeback or at least Target thinks they are. I tend to like things that are bright and fun (and glittery and sparkly...) and so decided to get this shirt for Rose's upcoming birthday that was the brightest shade of neon pinky-orange I've ever seen in my life. As I'm walking around the store with it in the cart, I find myself having to look away anytime I catch this shirt out of the corner of my eye--after about 15 minutes of this I realized if I bought her this shirt--no one was going to be able to look at her--including me! My eyeballs had a headache or eyeache or something--it's just not natural for something to be that color! Makes me cringe just to remember it. In fact hours later, I am still seeing the shirt when I close my eyes. Like I just looked at the sun on accident. I sure hope these shirts don't start appearing all over the schools--enough people there are on edge as it is! The way to wear these colors is the way my father-in-law did back in the day--as socks with your Sunday suit. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hehe! I love it! Those colors have never looked good with my pale skin, but I love them on people with darker skin! Funny that you got an eyeache just from seeing it, but I think I can understand what you mean too. :)
The socks are florescent green and I only wear them on St Patrick's Day.
Post a Comment