Wednesday, February 29, 2012

So as to never forget the magic

Magic shell that is! I pinned this recipe and was told it might have disappeared. Just in case I want to have my own copy of what I did when I made this amazing homemade magic shell. I used a package (which I think is close to 12 oz) of semi-sweet chocolate chips (found a kind with no partially hydrogenated oils) and not quite a full cup of coconut oil (the Spectrum expeller pressed kind)--put in microwave bowl and heat for one minute. Take it out and stir it until it is all smooth. I was tempted to put it back in to get rid of the last few lumps but they did all disappear with just more stirring. Then use this exactly how you would that store-bought stuff. I didn't keep mine in the fridge and it kept great but after a few days there were a few lumps in it although it still tasted great and I probably could have microwaved it a bit to stir those out but by then I just wanted it on my ice cream cause this stuff is awesome!! I love how much this made too because those little containers of magic shell at the store don't go very far.

No comments: