Friday, January 20, 2012

Egglintine

One of my new year's resolutions was to blog at least once a week....I have now erased that and changed it to "month" since I am slacking so bad. I didn't mean to but Egglintine made me do it. Once I started doing stuff on Etsy, it has just become so addicting. I've only sold one thing to a family member but it just feels so nice to have people "favorite" items I've made. Of course I do hope at some point I start selling things but I just love the creative process so much. My sister gave me this art box that she had in college once and left a bunch of the art materials in it--one of my favorite smells in the world is to open that box when I get out paintbrushes or whatever. It's right up there with chocolate frosting! I hope to eventually do some paintings or drawings for Etsy rather than just crafts but I love that crocheting is one thing I can do with Isaac running around. I forgot how busy the little ones can be--man, he gets into everything. He even figured out how to press and pull back the kid safety latch keeping the dishwasher shut. Hope they make that door sturdy because he stands on it all day long. Other than rolling a giant boulder in front of it, I don't see what to do. And obviously that would scratch the tile :0) so that's out.
I have also done a wee bit better excercising this year along with the rest of the folks crowding the Y in January. We'll see who makes it to February...cough, cough....No, really, Sarah and I have been going to this walk and tone class that is awesome. It is completely at my level and I love it. It's Sarah's level only because she's 8 months pregnant. But it feels good to use muscles I forgot I had. We tried a yoga class but didn't care for the room or instructor and we tried a water aerobics class which we loved but the pool heater was broken and I, for one, HATE to be cold. Seriously, I hate it. Even when it was 100 degrees and 100% humidity last year...I'd think "at least I'm not in Alaska anymore". And so far this year it's been pretty great...a few cold days here and there...a few snow flurries but nothing bad enough to cancel school. This is the sweet spot, far enough south to miss most of that junk but far enough north to feel like Tennessee...well, sweet except when there are tornadoes....already getting a bit nervous for spring.
I now team-teach the CTR 5 class in Primary and I love it. This is a really well behaved Primary and I've seen a LOT of them. The other sister and I are going to take turns by months and I can't wait to be lazy in February. Jer and I still do the YSA stuff sort of but just the Break the Fast and hosting their FHE's. Jer does stuff in young men's now too.
Jer ended up having to play chaperone for a choir thing for Nick this week and luckily his work let him off to do it. It looks like it might really have been a blessing in disguise because Jer has made several contacts from the Universities and colleges around here that he would not have otherwise. Hopefully something will come of it! We need more money!! Who doesn't, right?
That reminds me--Aldi's. I LOVE it! Even more that I did at first. I am there every week. I have been saving SO much money and not even having to use coupons to do it. Their produce is excellent and WAY cheaper than Walmart. It's a small store, but it is just perfect. There are things I still have to go to Walmart to get but I am trying to only go there once a month now. One of the other things I am loving about Aldi's are their special buys for the week. They always have these things that are at a great price (in face I cross checked Amazon prices and usually their items are half the cost) and perfect for the impulse shopper (which is me). We now have a Belgian waffle maker we got for $20 and it is awesome. They even had a fake fireplace, a jogging trampoling, hotel quality bedding (don't worry, I didn't buy all those)....can't wait to see what's up next! And don't even get me started on the super cheap things they have when they mark them down to move them out--I got a poinsetta for 25 cents at Christmas!
Well, I am off to mess around with my Etsy store (which is named Egglintine in case you missed it ;0) and would like to drop on by). Here's some more pictures of things I've put up for sale there. And just in case someone reading this would like to try doing Etsy too or is on there already, let me know! I love it!











2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

SO fun to hear your update! It was good to talk to you the other day. The cookie turned out great. Thanks for your pointers! You are so amazingly crafty! I marvel at all the things you have created! :)

snapie said...

I will be ordering from your etsy:)