Thursday, September 1, 2011

Why our friends are the best

Because they come all the way down here to visit us, we take them to the Space and Rocket Center, find out it isn't free anymore for military, and they didn't even try to kill me. In fact, I don't think there were even any tears! There is NO way I was going to pay $16 a person to go in this place. Unless your kid is really into space and rockets, it might be actually kind of boring. My friend's son would have LOVED it though so I felt really bad we couldn't go (well, wouldn't go), but the day turned out to be really fun anyway. We went swimming at the Y instead and my friend's son was able to pass a swimming test with a little help from me. Basically me saying--swim backwards! It's the only way I made it through that first triathlon. And I love that all the pictures I got of the kids in front of the Space and Rocket Center made it look like an awesome trip. :-)







I think the last night our friends were here was the night this little lady was being SO funny. Oh my goodness, it cracks me up just thinking about it. She's definitely made for the stage.









We had some other friends come down and visit a little before this too and I didn't get any pictures!! But it felt so great to visit with people that we know and love even though we've moved. It just made it feel like home again. Everytime the kids are sad when we move, I remind them of the incredible friends we've made before and how we would never have met them if we hadn't move to such and such place.

3 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I didn't get any pictures either when we were there, but it was a great time!

That is very funny that you got all those pics of the Space Center before going in, but sad that you couldn't go in. I wouldn't have paid $16 per person either. CRAZY!

The Young's said...

My kids keep asking when can we go see the Howe's again!? We had an awesome time!

snapie said...

Maybe when you bring the Martinez fam it'll be even better;) Hint Hint Tina! Was hopeing to go for your B-day and got foiled:(