Friday, September 2, 2011

Resolution Redo

I think one of my new year's resolutions was to do an oil painting. I forgot having a baby around might make that a little difficult. So mid-year I have changed one of my resolutions to learning how to knit. I do know how to crochet but it's always frustrated me that I can't knit. How else can I grow old gracefully? I like the finished product of knitted stuff a little better (for some things anyway) and so one time I tried to teach myself years ago. I managed to figure out how to do it very basically but I could not understand the finishing-off directions. It is SO confusing to learn things like this from a book. Now there's youtube. What a lovely thing. I was able to get a visual on how to do things like casting-on and finishing-off and I managed to actually complete a project!! I am so excited! I also realized I may only have a few good years of knitting in me left because it isn't easy on the hands. Great way to get arthritis I'm sure.

2 comments:

Grandpa Howe said...

How could you NOT grow old gracefully?

Rozanne said...

It is so great how you are always teaching yourself things. You get so much accomplished! I need to be more like that.