
Jer and I are both now 37. That's a weird number. I think I'll like 38 better. :-) I decided there was no way I was going to make my own cake for the bazillioneth time this year, then I realized I would have no cake if I insisted on being a stubborn brat, so I made it and let the kids decorate it. Seriously, I am not about to give up frosting just for the pleasure of being a martyr. See the great wisdom of my age. :-) Speaking of frosting--I am not sure if I've blogged about this yet...so ignore me if I have. Just a few days before my birthday, Jer and I went to this wedding reception where they had these gorgeous cupcakes that had more frosting on the top than there was cake on the bottom. Oh.my.genius. I ate an entire chocolate one. It was awful of me. Four people could have eaten the thing. But forget that. So I mention it to the kids and Nick goes, "Was it Gigi's?" We heard that name at the reception but I wondered how he knew it. Apparently on some seminary outing in Nashville, their teacher took them to a Gigi's cupcake place and they got these brilliant things. Then on my birthday, my neighbor/visiting teacher brought me a single Gigi's cupcake (caramel sugar baby was the flavor I think) and I ate an ENTIRE one again. And it was even better than the chocolate one. This is one company that knows how much frosting should be on a cupcake. This is also one company I must shun if I plan to live to see 40.

2 comments:
Happy Birthday to you both! I love a show called cupcake wars, it is so fun to see what people can do with cupcakes. I am right there with you on the icing to cake ratio!
Aww...I sure wish I could have made you a cake and brought it to you this year. We still haven't given up on the lunch. Give us some dates and we will plan it!! I am going to have to check out that Gigi's!
Post a Comment