
Junior was nice enough to pose for a couple pictures for me so I could always remember my first child's first day in college.

Spencer must have felt left out. Actually I feel kind of bad I didn't do the first day of school pictures with any of the rest of them. Things have just been so crazy. Having a college kid, a senior, one in middle school, two in elementary and a baby at home makes me feel a little dizzy. More dizzy than normal. I can only handle so much going on. The kids are learning quickly that I CANNOT multi-task. The other day, I let the kids have Nutella on their pancakes because it is far healthier than syrup :-), but only on two pancakes each. Everyone was talking to me at once because that's how they confuse me. So the three younger ones are conspiring and sending pancakes over to me and I just keep slathering Nutella on pancake after pancake after pancake...suddenly I realize there is no way I have that many kids. THEN later three people were talking to me at once and Rose realizes this is her chance to ask me for a piece of gum (which I am stingy with). I am juggling all these conversations and her head pops up in front of me and it says something. I answer Junior' question (whatever it was) with a "yes" and her head disappears and it takes me a minute to realize she just got me to say "yes" to her without hearing what she said and she KNOWS it. While I was trying to make pancakes also, Rose is trying to tell me about her day...I want to listen to her so bad. BUT if I lose my place in putting the ingredients in, I'm going to leave out salt or baking soda or something and I am already tripling the recipe so we'll have leftovers and I just can't focus on what she is saying....and at the same time Isaac is pulling my pants down around my ankles (I guess elastic waistbands are a bad idea at the present time)....seriously, how do people do this!!??
1 comment:
That's how I've been feeling lately. All my kids are trying to talk to me at once and I try to answer one and the next one says, "Aren't you listening to me?" Jesikah keeps telling me that I never listen to her. She says that I am always doing something else when she is talking to me. Well, it is true, so I am really trying hard because I remember trying to talk to my mom and following her all around the house in between conversations with others to tell her something important that happened at school. It used to be so frustrating for me, and now I get it. :)
Post a Comment