Saturday, August 27, 2011

Out in the desert they wandered...

Just so you know, Junior has NO idea who this girl is. The girls below are in our ward though. The boys have come through the desert and reached the promised land! Meaning, in the Fort Campbell Branch, not so much fun for teenagers. Here, way fun. The boys had so much fun this summer and have made some really great friends. Just before school started, most of the kids in the ward got together to do this scavenger hunt thing. They all went out in different groups to check off this crazy list of things to do. And this had nothing to do with wednesday night mutual either. This huge group of kids just like doing stuff together. They probably scared some people but for the most part, from what they told me, and some of the video I saw, people seemed to have fun with it.



The lady above was a good sport. The kids must've crossed off half their list at Walmart. Useful store. I think they are having a tea party below.



Nick was in a different group so I have no pictures of that although I bet they are somewhere over in facebook land. My favorite thing they did was what they call "coning". This girl went through the McDonald's drivethrough and ordered an ice cream cone. When the worker handed it to her, she grabbed it by the ice cream and turned it over and started eating it that way as she drove off. The look on the worker's face was too funny. It was a fun way for the kids to end the summer.


2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love it! We did crazy stuff like that in college, but I love to hear about youth in high school spending time together like that, doing crazy things that are just good clean fun. So awesome! Every ward needs to be like that. I'm glad they're getting to do that stuff. =)

Rozanne said...

That's awesome! Lucky boys having a big youth group there. We do like our ward here though...Alex has a lot of kids his age. Miss your boys though (and the rest of your family)!!!