I am not much of a political person--Jeremy is the one who watches all the debates and pays attention to all that stuff. But for some reason I feel a little more interested in what is going on these days. Of course we are headed into a presidential election next year and it has been years since I've really been excited about a candidate. It's been more like...well, so and so isn't as bad as so and so...and on it goes. I always claim to be an independent because the Republicans and Democrats both do things I don't like. I do tend to lean more towards the Republicans though since in general they are more conservative and hey, being in the military means you kind of want the guy in office to care about you and Republicans usually favor the military. And although we are Mormon, we aren't going to automatically vote for Romney. But now there's another Mormon in the running and so far I actually like him. I hate to say anything like that on my blog because people are REALLY opinionated on a matter like this and I may find out he's awful in the end--but so far, I am really impressed. I watched some interview with him where he was actually answering the questions and doing a good job of it too. I like his background and what he's done and the fact that he seems to want to do some good for our country. Anyway, it'll all change so much by next year, who knows who'll be on the ticket--but it feels good to be paying attention for once in my life. :-)
1 comment:
I agree about not just voting for Romney because of religion. But, regardless of religion, I really like him. :) I too have been following the campaign so far. I am not a fan of Bachmann or the texas governor right now.
Post a Comment