Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I hate the library

I am SO mad at myself!! I have done so good for the three months we've been here. Not one late fee and constant trips to the library. I had turned over a new leaf. Online renewals have saved me more than once, twice, actually so many times I'm surprised that I'm surprised that I was late finally. I need something like Netflix. Yes, I have the same 3 discs for at least 3 months at a time. Thank goodness for instant viewing. I need the library to work that way. Just limit me to 3 books and let me return them as I please. Guess that would lead to an empty libary though. I've heard they are working on library lending with Kindles and Ereader-appy-thingies so I may have some hope. Course I need a Kindle first. I've gone around and around about saving for an ipad and I think I don't want one. I actually bought another Roku player for our room with the money I've saved. I LOVE having BYUtv and the Mormon Channel available anytime and I have some nowheretv channel thing that has all sorts of stuff. I can watch daily news by story rather than having to include Hollywood garbage and they also have HGTV stuff and some Food Network stuff too. Not a lot, but everyone Monday I can watch a new episode of House Hunters, also the International one, Vacation one and Property Virgins, etc. I don't know why people choosing houses is so fascinating to me. I blame this on Barbara. She was mentioning how much she enjoyed the International one and I was hooked. And I love that I only had to buy the Roku to get all this and there is no monthly fee, other than cable internet and electricity of course. So now I think I want a Kindle. I should be able to afford one in a couple more months...but back to where I started...I need this library thing to really take off so I can never pay a late fee again!!!

1 comment:

Rozanne said...

I can't believe that you get all that with just a Roku player. No cable or directtv? Give me more details. I just signed up with directtv just to get byutv, but I haven't had it installed yet.
And...I hate the library too. The late fees that is. 25 cents a day is ridiculous!!