Sunday, May 15, 2011

6 months



It's SO cute when the big boys are loving on their little brother. Now that he's not quite so infant-like, they seem a little less scared of him. And it is a beautiful thing to have so many kids to help with the baby. Isaac is actually closer to 7 months old than 6 but before I forget his 6 month appt. statistics--he weighed 27 lbs. 7 oz. and was 31 inches tall. He is off the charts just like Nick up there. I was going to blog about what an amazing baby he has been so far and then he spent a couple days being really fussy to punish me for even daring :-) ...but really, he is awesome! I have had difficult babies and so far (knock on wood, pinch of salt over the shoulder, etc.) he is just amazing. He still sleeps 10-11 hours straight at night. One night we had to get everyone up for a possible tornado and I thought--here is the end of my perfect sleeper--and he slept on my shoulder through the whole thing. He can roll over and back now but isn't getting into too much yet---just wait for the move to be over buddy. He is eating two meals a day and it's not all from the baby food aisle (this is a new thing for me...yeah, 6 kids later and I finally feel like feeding a baby a real banana might be safe). He loves to "schrich, schrich" things with his fingernails and he also loves to pinch things really hard--including my face--ow! He's also building up my pathetic arm muscles because holy cow, he is heavy. I can't believe it's been over half a year since I had him and I am so cherishing this next year, every minute I can because my family won't all be together much longer (missions, college, etc.). It goes so fast!

6 comments:

Grandpa Howe said...

We are so excited to come back there and see you guys! It really makes me appreciate the years you lived out here.

Rozanne said...

He is so cute, and I also love seeing older boys love on their baby siblings. You have such an awesome family! I love that he sleeps so much every night. You are a lucky woman!

Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I love the pics of Issac. He is so adorable. We will find out today what Charly's six month stats are so hopefully all that weight training has paid off. :)

treefrogsplace said...

I got a bit Geary reading this! I can't wait to see you guys next week! And I intend to hold issac as mush as he will let me!

treefrogsplace said...

That should say teary not Geary!