
You knew it was coming. One of the kids projects would be done with the cricket. Actually this one was done by Spencer. He's the one who always wants to do everything himself. I did the pillars, trident, shield/sword, bow/arrow and lightning bolt in Inkscape then SCAL but he did pretty much the rest of it. The colosseum and chariots were just printed. The one cartridge I bought from Amazon was the paper doll costume one (for just over $20--why are these still $80 at Hobby Lobby--have they ever heard of the internet?) so he was able to mostly use that to do all the hair, sandals and clothes. He decided he didn't want faces on them and I loved how the whole thing turned out. It took him about 5 hours to do but he is now an expert on the cricket and has actually learned how to weld letters in SCAL. I think this project was fun for him because he really likes the Percy Jackson books and it helped him decide how he wanted each character to look (although they are Greek gods in the original series). We even had a huge argument over how to spell Zeus, then realized he should be Jupiter!
3 comments:
That looks awesome! Spencer and you did a great job.
Way to go Spencer and Linda! That's way cool!
Too bad all I had to work with in the olden times was Elmer's Glue, pop-sicle sticks and old garbage can lids.
I love it!!!
Post a Comment