Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Rose (from a month or so ago)!




My computer had some malware on it last week but thanks to some help from Jeremy's brother, it was all resolved. I was sure I just lost all my photos and felt terrible since I'd never blogged about Rose's birthday. We were kind of caught up in the whole house-hunting thing a week after her birthday so that's my excuse for being behind this time. But all is good on the computer and here's sweet Rosie on her 6th birthday.

I love to see what Grandma Howe is making for the granddaughters every year. How adorable is this journal?

Okay, I've gotten used to those awful ties on the back of kids' toys and now they have changed it to these plastic strap thingies! They are awful! I don't understand why they strap $5 to $20 toys in like this. It can't be worth it to stop stealing--they are just trying to drive parents everywhere mad for some unknown reason.
But it's always worth it in the end. I really like these dolls. I haven't gotten into the American Girl thing for some reason but I love these (BFC Ink) because they are posable and bend everywhere. And the PX had them for just over $20. Very cute.
We knew we had to get Just Dance 2 after Rose played it at Scott and Suzie's house. She loves it and so do the rest of the kids in this picture (even a month and a half later).



Rose is a very sweet girl with an incredible imagination. I thought maybe going to Kindergarten would change that (the imagination part) but I find her playing by herself with her toys all the time. She can also be really funny in ways I am not expecting. I wish I wrote down more of the funny things she says so I could remember them! And she is so tall! I am predicting here that she will be taller than me one day. We love you Rose and Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Darsha said...

How is it possible that she is six. I remember her standing next to you through 3 hrs of church just smiling when she was not even two. That was so unbelievable. She really did just stand there an smile. After I saw how good she was I never had anymore kids. I just knew i would be disappointed. Happy birthday Rose.

Lesley said...

Her cake looks fabulous! Happy Birthday beautiful Rose :)