Thursday, March 3, 2011

Get Better Already!

Last Monday Spencer woke up at 5am asking to go to the doctor because of pain in the side of his abdomen. It was a holiday and Jer was home so off they went. About 9am or so I get a phone call telling me they are prepping him for surgery because they are 90% sure it's his appendix and they don't want to subject him to the radiation of a Catscan to make 100% sure. Ok. All went well and apparently it really was his appendix. So Spencer spent all week recovering and finally went back to school on Tuesday. He keeps coming home from school and taking a 3-4 hour nap, so he's probably not fully recovered quite yet.


I guess all the other kids were jealous of the attention because on Friday Rose started running a fever in the middle of the night, then that night Nick got really sick and has run a high fever for nearly four days straight. He got a blessing Tuesday afternoon and ended up sleeping the entire day yesterday and although he's home from school again today, he is doing much better. Oh yeah, Hannah had a fever yesterday and was home too. And Isaac got his four month shots yesterday and he has a fever too. Junior is ok so far--knock on wood! There have been a few moments this past week when I started to think having 6 kids might have been biting off more than I can chew but I am just really glad nothing is seriously wrong with any of them. We have been really blessed. But still--get better already!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone is getting and doing better now!

6L's said...

holy cow, scary! glad he is alright! i hope everyone settles down on the sickness...we've had way too much this season!!!

Lesley said...

I feel overwhelmed with 5 having 6 would put me under. Hope your crew gets better quickly.

Grandpa Howe said...

Reminds me of the good old days.

Eric and Rozanne said...

I am glad you finally had a day where they all went to school. So glad you could all come last night. We miss seeing you guys!