Friday, March 18, 2011

DumDum #8

These things happen in bunches. This is actually a dumdum post with a happy ending. Our vacuum has not been working well. This really frustrates me because I feel like I am always buying new vacuums. I don't like to spend a lot on them so I kind of reap the benefits of that. But I got this one at Sam's Club last year that I really love. It has this removable cannister that is really easy to take off and dump out and the vacuum has a rewindable cord. That is probably my favorite part. The kids had been helping with the vacuuming when I was pregnant but they kept complaining about it not working very well. I like to take things apart, so I did so to check the hose. It was completely clear. When you would take the hose thing off to just use that part, it worked great. The suction was great and everything. But the main part of the vacuum just wasn't doing anything. I figured we'd just have to buy a new one and use this one to clean the cars. I took it apart again and couldn't find anything wrong again but I noticed this time that the brush wasn't spinning. I thought that might mean something else was wrong so I finally did what I should have done eons ago and went to hoover.com. I didn't even have to try to get into their repair info, just the informational videos. Lo and behold, there is a huge button on the side of the vacuum that you push to turn the brushes and suction off when you are just using the hose. You have to PUSH IT AGAIN to make the bottom work. That would've been nice to know while I was cleaning my carpets with just the hose attachment all this time. Some people. So the other day all my carpets were fluffed up with those awesome vacuum marks and the bathrooms smelled like bleach (having just been cleaned too) and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

3 comments:

The Hernandez Gang said...

That's so funny!!

Grandpa Howe said...

You need to get out more.

Oh wait, you did and got sunburned.

Eric and Rozanne said...

I love the vacuum marks too. As much as I love a clean house, I wonder why I don't keep it clean all the time. It must be the effort. :)