Sunday, January 23, 2011

3 month faces and emergency preparedness with a Cricut

Little Bacon is 3 month old today. How time flies and stays still all at the same time! Isaac really is a sweetheart. He sleeps at night for like 10 hours. He does have some fussy times, usually in the evening, when he's screaming and we can't figure out what's wrong. He was never colicky early on but it seems somewhat colick-ish but not too bad. It's just kind of weird. I do like the fact that it is teaching the kids to learn how to be patient with a baby and to be honest having so many other people around to help with a baby makes it SO much easier. Why didn't I have kids before I had kids? :-)
He looks like a little bird in a big 'ol nest.
Ok, now for the emergency preparedness success story--The kids got out of school Friday for another snow storm and Hannah had been invited to a birthday party for a girl that lives like 5 minutes away. I didn't want to have to go to the store to get her a card or gift. Hello--Cricut!! I had so much fun that morning making this card for her. It was hard to stop doing it once I started. And then I just went to Amazon on the computer and printed up a little gift card for her. Done. Without leaving the house! We also ran out of milk and I made up some powdered milk--some of the kids actually like it. And we were able to use it for pancakes too--so yes, a real preparedness story--but not as much fun as the Cricut one!


3 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Love your card! You are going to inspire me to get mine out of the box!! :) And the powdered milk... Jarem had it in his cereal on Thursday morning cause we were out too...luckily Eric braved the storm to get some on THursday afternoon. Jarem didn't really like it but I told him he had to eat it cause he kept begging me to make it. He likes to drink it with chocolate syrup in it though.

Anonymous said...

That card is pretty! That is so awesome that you can do that yourself. And Isaac is getting so big. 3 months already. I remember Junior when he was that little and now he's about to graduate from high school. So bizarre.

The Young's said...

Ok so I am expecting one of these cards!! Love it!