Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Hadn't heard that one before...
So everyone knows my family is picky beyond anything. We try to stop people from ever bringing us meals so I don't have to cringe in embarrassment when my family won't eat them. Once we fed the food to a dog we had. That sounds so awful. And it is. But I had already eaten the same dish for lunch and dinner for like 5 days and I couldn't take it anymore. But don't worry, it wasn't from anyone that would ever read my blog. :-) Anyway, yesterday I decided to try and healthify our eating of orange chicken. I found a recipe that sounded safe and since the chicken wasn't breaded and fried I'm pretty sure it was healthier than what we usually eat. AND the chicken was the cage-free, hormone-free kind, as are our eggs now, thanks to someone making me feel guilty over Christmas. :-) So when I made the orange sauce up, I say to Junior, "Come here, try this." He walks over to the stove. He says (in all seriousness), "I can't, my tongue feels weak."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
LOL, mercy the dog got the food! I love serving others watching kids, yard work (for real), driving people to appointments, but I have anxiety of making people dinner, I think you just deepened that :)
tongue feels weak? really! Oh Junior!
That's like his dad saying, "I think I might be remembering something." He's definitely Junior.
Funny! That's a nice way to put it I suppose. I think my kids just come right out and say they don't want it or don't like it. I think I like the tongue feels weak better. :)
Post a Comment