These are in no particular order but they are all things we loved this Christmas (and I really could have gone on and on but since I'm doing the 11 thing...):
1. The marshmallow gun that Ben's family sent to Spencer. The joy that Spencer had on Christmas morning shooting everyone and everything cannot be expressed, nor can my joy as I am still finding those little marshmallows everywhere still. :-) Several years ago I actually bought marshmallow guns for the boys and they didn't work very well. I have been told that Ben actually made these and let me tell you--they work a little too well! Get your orders in today for next Christmas--they are awesome!

2. Kind of a gift to myself but I love watching Bob Ross paint. I love his little quotes too--"There are no mistakes, just happy accidents" (in painting at least) and "Something happens every time you make a mistake...you learn from it." So simple, yet so true.

3. This set of knives from my parents. They usually send money but after my mom came to help me when Isaac was born, she knew the perfect thing to get us. And she was right. We'd never buy this ourselves and we really, really needed it. Awesome.

4. These flannel "quillows" made by Grandma Howe for everyone in her family which I think is about 40 people. Every single one was different apparently--and they are just the best!
From left to right, Hannah's, Rose's, mine, and Isaac's.

My dad even got into the blanket-theme of the day. I don't know how much time and effort that must have taken Barbara but they will be cherished forever!

5. The game Dixit--never heard of it but Peter got it for us for Christmas and it is really fun. Very unique and an awesome family game.

6. Squinkies--I guess these will have to disappear when we have a 1 year old around next year but they are really cute!

Taking a break here to load up some pictures from Christmas morning.






7. Lego's--especially the Harry Potter ones and the Lego table I made.




8. This great cross-stitch was a gift from Becky to my sister Jessica. It took her 2 years to do it and it is gorgeous.


9. Good smells. We got wonderful soaps, shampoos, lotions, hand sanitzers, bath roll-on paint, etc. from many people. I love using stuff like this...which reminds me, I need to get to Bath and Body Works.
10. The Wii game Wipeout. We have spent the last month with my month trial of Huluplus watching episodes of this TV show and everyone has been cracking up. The game was very fun too.
11. Gift cards! I know a lot of people think gift cards are lame but I think they are awesome. Even after Christmas is over, you have the excitement of choosing something somewhere. At Amazon, iTunes, Olive Garden, wherever. It's a great way to make the magic last longer.
3 comments:
I LOVE Bob Ross! He was so serene and a wonderful artist!!
And gift cards are the bomb! :o)
I had fun reading about your Christmas gifts! I love, love the lego table...I am gonna have to pick your brain on that cause we need another one. I just learned about hulu today and was interested to hear about your free trial. I love gifts cards too. Like you said, it isn't over on Christmas. And last, there was one picture where your mom was looking at Jeremy Sr with a completely horrified look. It was so funny!
I love the Table too!!! You are awesome! I so want to make a marshmallow gun!!!!
Post a Comment