
Nick turns 16 today! I have two children who can drive cars. Yikes. Actually Nick will take his driving test tomorrow but I am assuming he'll pass. And I have finally found the solution to not posting late for birthdays. We just celebrate them 3 days early. :-) Nick can be summed up in two words--basketball and exercising. Maybe another--silly! It is SO hard sometimes to think of what to get teenage boys for their birthdays. Nick's obsessions made it easier though. He just really wanted some basketball shoes. We threw in some clothes and a basketball and he was as happy as a clam. He is constantly driving everyone crazy trying to get people to play basketball with him and to his delight he found out on Sunday that the bishop of the ward that meets in our building is setting up a basketball game for every Thursday. I am actually really glad he isn't one of these kids that's addicting to online gaming or anything worse but he sure does love his basketball. He is quite a determined young man (perhaps a little TOO competitive sometimes) but it has served him well. He has lost 60 lbs. in the time he grew from being 6 ft. 1 in. to 6 ft. (nearly) 5 in. That is really impressive. If I lost 60 lbs. I think I'd die of happiness. I joke by telling him I'd do anything to do what he's accomplished....except all the eating right and exercising. :-) Because seriously, there is no other way to do it as far as I'm concerned. We're really proud of Nick for many, many reasons and we absolutely love having him in our family. Happy 16th Nick!


4 comments:
Happy Birthday Nick! Awesome that you got to celebrate a few days early! I can't believe he is taking the driving test the day after his birthday! That's awesome! I am impressed with all the weight he has lost. That shows major self-control!
wow, he wouldn't even have cake and ice cream on his bday?! holy moly, he is taking this very serious! he looks GREAT and i bt he feels it too! happy birthday nick!
He looks fantastic! If he is that dedicated as a teenager I can only imagine what he can accomplish as an adult! That really is amazing. Happy Birthday Nick!
Happy Birthday Nick! I noticed there were no comments about the babes that must be lining up for a date...
Post a Comment