I really liked Pres. Monson's talk about how we need to be more grateful. Of course we are all grateful for the big ones like the gospel and our families but here's some smaller things...
I'm thankful for:
1. Good drivers. On our recent trip to Birmingham when it was dark and starting to pour, I was really thankful for so many good drivers.
2. Contact lenses. I know everyone says I should do the surgery but really for now I am just so thankful for contact lenses. I've been taking them out and putting them in just about every day for the last 23 years.
3. Nose strips. Even though my plan to use them on Isaac didn't work out :-), they are awesome for helping you sleep through those stuffy nights.
4. Baby smiles. There is nothing cuter or more heart-meltier than a little baby's smiles.
5. Car troubles that turn out not to be so troublesome. Our car was shaking something fierce the morning we were supposed to head down to Birmingham. After visits to 4-5 mechanics, we've discovered the Suburban is falling apart but the thing that was making it shake was the 4 wheel drive getting switched on somehow. So without spending a dime, the shaking was fixed and we made it down there and back. I guess at some point we'll have to fix all those Other things that were wrong.
6. Baby swings. Someone actually let me have theirs and it's the first time I've ever used one. It's awesome.
7. Shortest PCS ever coming up. Money-wise it won't be great but a 2 1/2 hour move? Heaven.
8. Jer's laugh. I don't know why but even after 18 years of it I still love it and enjoy watching comedies with him just to hear it.
9. Kids being cavity-free at dentist last week.
10. Clearance sales--Jer always says I'm out saving him 50% and that is so true! (I guess it would be 100% if I stayed home but forget that!) :-)
11. Silly things that make me laugh, from Rose saying she knows why Isaac is crying --"because he doesn't have a girlfriend", to professional comedians like Brian Regan, to goofballs on youtube like Julian Smith. I like to laugh.
4 comments:
I love them all, and it is always great to start a new year with an attitude of gratitude. :)
couldn't agree more, rozanne! btw, when and where are you moving??
I am grateful for Linda's blog, it always makes me smile, Isaac's sad because he needs a girlfriend, thats good stuff.
i needed this today! i miss you guys! i will try to come visit this summer when you guys and Scott's family are closer together!
Post a Comment