In honor of the ending of 2010, I thought I'd do a post of ten things you may not know about me just for fun.
1. When I was little and learned about the pre-existence and how we couldn't remember anything because that veil had been drawn, I was pretty sure every night when I went to sleep, I went to heaven since I couldn't remember it. When I was old enough to have remember having nightmares it meant I was headed in the other direction.
2. In order to completely foil criminals, any time our credit cards have been cancelled (due to people using the numbers illegally, etc. --and this happens every year or so at least once), I carry the cancelled one around with me right next to the new one so when I am robbed, I will politely give them the one that doesn't work. And I am quite sure they won't even notice the other one--or me checking to make sure I gave them the right one.
3. Also when I was little any time I would spin around (either to make myself dizzy or just because someone said my name), I would carefully make sure to un-spin myself in the other direction.
4. I CANNOT sleep or eat in a room with a toilet. This means the bathroom door must be shut in our bedroom at night and the lovely bathroom downstairs that is in view of our dining room table and kitchen (that should be outlawed on floorplans) must be shut for me to eat or even make dinner. Could there be anything less appetizing? ugh.
5. The boys call it "gleeking", I know it as "skeeting". In grade school I was so jealous of the boys that could do this, then one day by happy accident, I yawned and then put my tongue behind my top teeth and Yee-haw--I learned how to skeet! This grosses the kids and hubby out big time so it is so worth it. :-) (Maybe I should've kept this one to myself?)
6. I took one year's worth of piano lessons when I was in fourth or fifth grade. I hated every minute of it and would have quit and refused to do the recital except my mother promised to buy me Michael Jackson's Thriller album. I wish I had learned to play the piano though. I also remember making fun of my dad for not knowing who Jackson was and then he told me I probably didn't know who the "Beetles" were.
7. I am a quote person. I love really good quotes. The most recent one I heard that I like was regarding a person's health (specifically regarding developing type 2 diabetes since by 2050, apparently 1 in 3 Americans will have it as opposed to the 1 in 10 that have it now) and it was something like--"Genetics loads the cannon and your lifestyle lights the fuse." Hmm.
8. I spent one of my class periods in 11th grade doing a work study program at the zoo in Montgomery. I basically went over there and helped do the afternoon feeding round. This involved preparing horse meat for the lions and tigers and bears and also frozen rats. Yuck, yuck, yuck. Once they decided to let me go change out the cages of the live rats which they kept to feed the snakes and big cats. I had to open a ton of little cages and pull these HUGE rats out by their tails and move them to new cages. I was shaking so bad by the time I was done, I could hardly move. And I was 100% sure my idea of being a veterinarian was a bad one.
9. Certain people tease me about being OCD and I do believe I have a mild version of it. I remember being quite young and deciding my parents weren't responsible enough to make sure all the doors were locked and the stove and oven were off so I would check these every night before I went to bed. I'm surprised I trust them enough to live by themselves now. :-)
10. One of my very favorite toys I got for Christmas when I was little was a remote control General Lee car (you know, from the Dukes of Hazzard). I loved that show. And I loved that car.
3 comments:
i'm completely amazed you can just sit down and think of these random things, lol.... but i LOVE it! you're awesome and i'm totally diggin that quote! happy new year, linda! we sure miss y'all!
Cool list. What the heck is Gleeking? What happens when you yawn and do the tongue/teeth thing?
Funny that you can gleek! That feeding the animal thing is quite gross...I don't think I could have handled the rats either. I was surprised that you wanted to be a veterinarian. Also, the piano lessons thing surprised me. You came up with some good ones. It makes me want to do a goodbye 2010 post. :)
Post a Comment