Monday, December 27, 2010

Great FHE

Aaron and Jen asked us to have each of the kids draw a nativity for a book they are putting together for Grandma Howe. At first I was really worried how we were going to get our teenagers to participate especially when they don't like drawing very much. I figured me doing it for them was not going to work this time. Much to my surprise, they really enjoyed making the pictures and we had a great FHE doing them.







We had a little fun with Nick. He was being a bit of a...pain--so he had to write "I will not be a turd" on his hand many times. Excuse my crudeness but we had him write "I will not upset others for my enjoyment" once repeatedly and this is just the shortened version so it would fit on his hand. And then we made fun of him for putting a cow on the 2nd floor of the barn in his picture. :-) I love being such a good parent.
And Isaac was right there with us even though he can't draw yet. It really was a fun FHE and it was really nice to have a real one again--we have been SO busy, we have literally not had one free night with all of us here in like 3 weeks. I will be setting this to post after Christmas though so Grandma's present won't be ruined.

3 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

What a great idea! I'll have to remember that for next year for the grandparents!

snapie said...

I love that idea! LOL Nick! Isaac is sooooo cute I caught myself making baby faces while you were at the house. LOL At one point my tongue kept sticking out copying him:)

Grandpa Howe said...

The book is perfect. Grandma loves it.