Friday, July 2, 2010

Best Idea this summer



So I feel huge and tired and not in the mood to lug the kids back and forth to the pool like I did last year. So we bought one of those $200 pools from Intex that is about 15 feet in diameter and can hold about 42 in. of water. Now that we live on post we had to get permission in writing for the pool and the trampoline. The trampoline had to have a net. Replacing a trampoline net after the season it originally sells is nearly impossible. This is a total scam. So we tossed the old trampoline and bought a new one. Our little backyard is privacy fenced and I have a lock on the gate so I feel pretty safe about no one else's kids drowning in the pool or breaking bones on the trampoline other than my own. I wasn't sure how the pool was going to work out but it has been fantastic! Even the big kids love playing in it! It was a bit of a pain to fill because the yard is just slightly tilted and it really needs to be level. We ended up buying playsand to level out part of the yard under the pool and it worked really well. We only had to fill the pool 3 times before we got it right. :- I've also had to keep up on the chlorine and changing out the filter regularly but it's been up for a month and the water is still pretty so we must be doing something right. We have had a few weeks of ugly, hot weather. While Arizona feels like an oven over 100 degrees, it feels like a sauna here! (Someone told me this and I feel it describes it exactly). BUT, the beauty here is it doesn't stay that hot for half the year and this week the weather has been gorgeous. Yesterday was July 1st and I don't think it even hit 85 and it was breezy and beautiful. I have been able to walk in the mornings this week and I'm feeling so much better!

1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Love the pool! What a great idea...sure wish we could come up with something cool for our backyard. The temperatures have been great this past week. I'm glad you've been able to walk...I feel better when I walk too.