Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I should've known...

I should've known as soon as I blogged about being done with Pinewood Derbies that I would have to eat my words. Looks like we'll be having a boy. The lady said legally she can't tell me for sure of course but she seemed pretty sure. Junior was 100% sure and the only outfit I've bought was for a little boy so we were kind of leaning that way I think. This will be great because the kid will probably share a room with Nick and now he won't have to have half his room painted pink. It was very difficult to start family home evening last night because everyone wanted to give their two cents regarding the name--our five year old favored Bacon or Juicy Bear. And it just went downhill from there. :-) My sister in law had her ultrasound yesterday too but they said the baby was being uncooperative so they still don't know. It's so cool that we will have babies near the same time--I think she's due a week after me but she could easily have hers first or we could even have them on the same day!

10 comments:

Christie said...

Aww, another boy!!! Congratulations! Too funny 'bout the pinewood derby

Melissa said...

I think Annikan Skywalker would make a great name! Don't you agree?

Anonymous said...

Yay for a boy to even things out! :) I'm so glad you guys were able to find out since we weren't. The one shot between the legs they finally got at the end had all umbilical cord and then the baby promptly shut it's legs. :) Our doctor can do sonograms in his office so I'm hoping he has time to check in a few weeks. My girls are obsessed with the name too. We have to tell them that the baby will have a serious name and they can give it a silly nickname. I'm not sure it is going to work though. I'm all for hoping we have the babies on the same day. :)

6L's said...

congrats! a boy will be great to end with after 2 girl attitudes, lol! :)

Jeremy said...

Melissa,

Can't use Skywalker because it doesn't start with a J. Anakin is an awesome first name, but why not Luke? as far as "J" names there is always Jango or Jabba...

I think Sarah needs to name her 1st boy Harrison Ford Potter, but she wasn't buying it.

Lesley said...

Congrats!! The video of Spencer with Dan make me think that it is destiny that Spencer gets a younger brother. It just must be your job to bring the male numbers up for the Howe family. I like Bacon :)

Suzanne said...

Congrats on the boy! Fun stuff. I'm excited for you guys!

snapie said...

So excited getting party ideas:)

Anonymous said...

A boy! Well, I'm still hoping for both:-) You should have the middle name be Jaron!
Sawyer says it should be Cameron or Carter.
Laura Beth says Jason or Johnson.
Ben says Harry Jotter Howe.

Grandpa Howe said...

Halloween baby. Boo Jum Howe of course.