Friday, April 9, 2010

Uh...

You may have heard I'm pregnant. This is true. I am due on Halloween. It was quite a surprise for us but not an unwelcome one. We've known for a couple of months now. And we really feel like Heavenly Father is watching over us. This is definitely what is supposed to happen in our lives. We have also been agonizing over a financial decision that we've needed to make and after much deliberation and prayer we know what we need to do. We are going to move onto Ft. Campbell at the end of next month. What makes this so hard are all the people that we love so much (darn those people). No seriously, this is going to be really hard despite the fact that we'll still be in the same area. Our friends here are like our family and we love them very much. It is going to be a huge change for our kids as we will switch school systems, wards, etc. We really hate to do this to them particularly when we are almost 100% sure to be doing this to them again next summer but it is what it is. And they have been great about it. The older boys in particular have been super supportive and they are the ones that will bear the brunt of it all. The kids have also been really loyal in not talking about any of this until we were ready to start telling people. We just didn't want to start a bunch of rumors that amounted to nothing. So I've just been overwhelmed with a lot of things lately and the icky pregnant stuff has really kicked in. It waited longer than usual so I could help a dear friend through a pretty difficult time and I'm hoping it'll all go away here soon. I just feel like I'm coming down with the flu on and off all day and night sometimes and it is just icky, icky, icky. I can't stand really weird things. The computer has been one of them, hence the absence from blogging. I also feel like throwing up everytime I look at my jewelry stuff. This is very unfortunate. And I REALLY can't stand the color teal. Please don't wear it around me. :-) I always hate red when I'm pregnant but this teal is also making me nauseous. Why can't I just hate certain foods? And be normal? By the way, general conference was absolutely amazing. Loved every minute of it and I loved seeing so many people blog about how their families watched the whole thing together and the different things they did. We hooked the computer up to the big screen tv and had the best viewing experience ever. I still feel so uplifted (mixed in with the ickiness). :-)

16 comments:

Anderson Zoo Keepers said...

Congratulations!!! I hadn't heard - but then I'm not one of the super cool folk who got to move to Campbell....
:-(
I'd like to be invited to your baby shower via remote internet feed however.
You rock, as does your family.

Lesley said...

Congratulations!!!! Yesterday I was going to call you to see how you were doing, I thought you had taken a bigger break from your blog than normal so I was worried that you were sick. I was happy to hear today that you are expecting, not dieing from an unknown illness :) I am jealous of your babysitter aged children who are going to help with the little one. Can't wait to hear what you are having :) Conference was all about fortifying the family, I loved it too.

6L's said...

that's great linda! AND not so great! :( we are certainly going to be affected and miss you ALL! you all are amazing at keeping secrets, lol!! i was just really thinking about you yesterday and wondering what has been going on that you didn't blog for so long. haha, i get it now! congrats and i hope the ickies pass fast and i will try to remember not to wear teal on sundays..one of my favs! :)

Eric and Rozanne said...

I'm very excited for the baby, and very sad about the rest! That really stinks that you are leaving us. Didn't even know you were deliberating about moving...you've kept it very quiet. I'm glad that the older boys are being supportive. They will help the whole family adjust easily. Even though it's still in Clarksville, it will seem very far away. I might have to shop at the Commissary a little more often now so I can stop and visit.

snapie said...

AGHHHHHH! Just in case you got pregnant to get rid of Tina and I, let me tell you it isn't going to work:) I am so happy for you. You are so lucky! 6 is the magic # that I wanted.

Melissa said...

Linda! This announcement is incredible! It totally rocks my world! From the other comments, I guess we were all wondering what happened to our favorite blogger. NOw we get it. Congratulations.

Suzie Howe said...

Linda congratulations! This is so exciting! Hope you start feeling better soon.

Ms. Vickery said...

Congratulations!

Bessie said...

I sm soo jealous. It was just yesterday I was talking to Frank saying that I thought we should have another baby. After his jaw dropped to the floor, he yelled at me! Can you believe it, he's never yelled at me. I guess he really doesn't want another baby! Oh well, I'll live viacariously through you!

Suzanne said...

Yay! Congrats!! I did read it on Jeremy's facebook post, but thought I'd comment here. =) I'm so excited for you guys.
I know what you mean about moving. We just did that in December, moving off post. 10 minutes down the road makes a whole lot more difference than I anticipated. I rarely see the people who I used to see on a daily basis...and the kids switched schools, and we got a new ward, all that. It's tough. But we met some good people and we know it's right, and life goes on.

Best of luck with all of it, I'm so excited for the baby stuff going on!

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda! I found Jeremy on Facebook and he said you were not on FB yet (you should be! I have caught up with so many Montgomery II Ward folks there! Leslie Freeman, Courtney Connell, and Cynthia Coleman to name a few!) but had this blog. Wow, congratulations on the baby! That is so exciting. It's even more amazing to see the picture of your son here...I remember meeting your oldest two when they were babies. How time flies! Congratulations on being the proud mama of an Eagle Scout!

I've got pictures of my two on Facebook. Sam just started Cub Scouts this year so we've got a long haul until Eagle Scouts. ; ) Lucy is starting kindergarten in the fall. Would love to catch up with you over email!

Take care and congrats again!
Mary Mitchem

Jenn said...

Congratulations on the baby! I hope everything works out wonderfully for you and your family and the pregnancy goes well. Hopefully the weird pregnancy things will go away soon. Logan is going to be very sad to hear that he is losing his teacher! We will miss all of you!!

Christie said...

Congratulations on your baby. Our ward will suffer from the loss of your family. I wish there was a way that you could stay in the ward and still accomplish the goals that you need to accomplish by moving on post. :-( You'll be missed.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda! That is exciting news! I hope the ickys go away soon...I know how horrible they are!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you posting again! Now I won't get so worried if you don't update for awhile- especially not with that move coming up. Congratulations! If you need any help with J names- just let me know:-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Linda! I hope you start to feel better soon.