
I just love making things and my new "thing" is making jewelry. I didn't realize until recently how much stuff had become available to make this hobby not only possible but incredibly fun. And it was so weird that one of my sister-in-laws sent me a gift for me to make another awesome piece of jewelry without even knowing of my new hobby (thank you Jen!). I found these little "faith" charms and decided to make a series of bracelets out of them so all of the Howe girls we had for Christmas got them. I haven't taken pictures of everything I've done but this is a pretty good sampling. Another awesome thing about making your own jewelry is being able to fix broken jewelry or take apart existed pieces to create something totally new. I would also love to get into lampworking and make my own glass beads but it's just not something that's available here. And since it involves using a torch, I kind of need a real class. Lucky for me, Fimo (polymer clay) has come to the rescue for now and I've had quite a bit of fun making beads with that. I made the blue swirled beads in one of the bracelets and the little yellow flowers in one of the bracelet/necklace sets with Fimo. I get the same kind of satisfaction out of a piece I really like that I did when I used to draw so that's been really fun.
6 comments:
Talented woman, I think the girls in your primary class would work towards one of those pieces. Time to open up a boutique, I smell money and deliciously large chocolate chip cookies :)
They are really cute! I agree you could make money making and selling them.
You are one of the coolest people I know!So cool.
Beautiful!!
Reagan LOVES her jewelry. Lo even wants to put it on. Great job! It is so funny that we were on the same wave length. I'm glad you like the pieces and even more glad that I couldn't find the right necklace for it, so you could create your own masterpiece. Inspired I guess. :)
Linda...those are so awesome! I especially love your homemade beads. I had to click and look at the close-up on every one. You are very talented, and tried so many different things. I LOVE your wire-wrapping on the purple necklace. Thanks for posting these for me.
Post a Comment