Friday, October 16, 2009

General Conference weekend

I've been meaning to post about our General Conference weekend for a while. The above photo is from in between the Saturday sessions and Nick just looks like such a punk it made me smile.
I love 1000 piece puzzles. This one still isn't done but I love working on it with the kids.
On Saturday we were all able to listen to Conference in the living room off the internet except Jer who had a parade somewhere so he was gone all day. Sunday, we had to use the upstairs connection so we were crowded in Jer's little office space. It was all good though. Got to hear every bit of Conference.
Apparently sugar doesn't have the same effect on all children. :-)
Junior was using the camera to take random shots in between sessions and I liked this one of the view of our neighborhood from our house.
I was a lot stingier with the candy than I was last time. Most of this has been put away for Halloween but those little treats at the halfway mark in each session have become a favorite for the kids.
Here's our version of "turning our tents toward King Benjamin."
I think Nick may have listened to conference better than I did. He took excellent notes and went on to win General Conference Jeopardy at seminary with his team for the 3rd time in a row. Go Nick!
I bought some Bendaroos for the kids which I'd never heard of 'til I heard two Primary kids talking about them (we don't have tv so I've never seen any commercials) and they sounded fun and boy, was I right. The kids LOVED them. They spent most of the sessions quietly playing with them but here's the proof that they were listening some at least. :-)
Anyway, like I've said before, I love General Conference, it makes me so excited to hear the words of our prophet and apostles and church leaders. What a blessing to be able to do this and spend some quiet family time too. Awesome!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so cool that you all enjoy General Conference weekend so much! Wonderful ways to help your children enjoy it instead of dread it.

Christie said...

I love General Conference weekend too. It's so great. Good job nick!!

snapie said...

Fun! Armani liked the punk picture of Nick. She said he looked cute:)

Eric and Rozanne said...

Funny, I just posted a general conference post today back-dated. :) I love it too. Great ideas with the bendaroos and treats between sessions. I love Nick's enthusiasm for winning the jeopardy. He was talking about it all the way home after school! Way fun!

Christie said...

LINDA!! I sent you an invite to my little Purse party tomorrow night, and it came back to me today. :-( BOOO. I don't know where I went wrong, but You're invited. I hope you see this. 7:00 Tomorrow @ my house.