Thursday, October 22, 2009
The Final Countdown
So we're finally getting down to it. Tomorrow night, 24 hours from now, Jer will perform his graduate recital for his Master's degree! I got to hear him do part of it at a dinner his accompanist invited us to. He was fantastic and I couldn't believe that this man who cannot remember many, many things was able to sing what must have been at least 10 songs with nothing in front of him. He not only knew all the notes, he knew all the words. And these songs were a little harder than Row, Row Your Boat. AND, I only heard him do the ones in English. The rest are in Italian, French, and German. He doesn't speak any of these languages but he has memorized everything. I know he's ready because he seems pretty confident and he's never that confident unless he knows he knows his stuff. So this is a pretty exciting time for us (and our 17th anniversary is tomorrow too)--and he just has to pass an oral exam next month and he's DONE! Glory hallelujah!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yeah Jeremy!!! That must be so exciting that all that work is coming to an end, finish line in view!!! You both deserve a "we made it" present, a little bling for you some new gadget for him, time to celebrate :)
Oh I SO wish I could hear this. His voice brought tears to my eyes on Sunday. Beautiful!
You'll have to tape it so we can watch it. I got dumped. Someone That starts with an R loves their husband more than me.:) Have a great time ,we are so proud of our Awesome Friend Big Jer!!!!!!!!!!
That's so exciting!!! Yay for Jer!
I'm excited to come to his concert tonight. My husband ended up off work, so he wants to come too...thus the dumped comment. :) I told her she could still come along. :)
Post a Comment