But I had some wonderful visitors when I wasn't feeling too good. My visiting teaching companion brought us dinner one night out of the blue (despite the fact that just a few days before she had given my family 20 lbs. of fresh fruit) and it was wonderful! She tried not to take credit for any of the awesome meal (oh, it's just a mix, oh, that's just from the freezer) but I've never made potato soup from a mix taste that good and I've never made lemon pudding that creamy and I have to thank her from the bottom of all our hearts for introducing us to Sister Schubert's frozen yeast dinner rolls. Seriously--I'm never going to make rolls again. I can get a bag of 30 of these for $5.78 right now at Sam's and they go right into the oven for like 10 minutes--No annoying thawing--and they are SO good. Laura, you're an angel. Then my visiting teaching companion from Arizona (her family moved here too) brought me this cake--how funny is this! She found some chocolate candy that looks like rocks and made me this kidney stone cake. It was actually a pan of brownies with a peanut butter frosting as thick as the brownies (does she know me or what?) and it was unbelievable. Elke, you rock! :-) I had a couple other friends come by too to just give me some company which I loved. Maybe I want to be sick all the time. Just kidding, sorta.
I have never been stuck in my house for so long in my life as I have this month. I am finally getting around and out now and here's hoping there's no more kidney stone pieces, although I am now drinking a gallon of water a day so that should help. I finally ran some real errands this morning (other than grocery shopping) and it felt good to get things done. The suburban now has fresh oil although it is apparently leaking it along with every other fluid but I stuck to my guns--No, I would not like anything done to my car other than this dumb oil change--no fancy oil, don't care about the mileage I get (if I did, would I own such a car?), don't care if the tires need nitrogen instead of oxygen, don't care if I'm leaving a rainbow of fluids in the road, I'm only here to use this coupon, thank you very much....Then awesome luck and at TJ Maxx not only do I find a couple things for my son who is 6'4", I run into the bldg. coordinator for our ward and managed to remember to schedule the bldg. for pack meetings for the rest of the year. I believe our last one conflicted with a wedding, perhaps due to some moron (me, in case you weren't sure)...then Target, which I wish I missed due to the gentlemen in the Christmas decoration aisle who was using those really big balls to...well, yuck...too bad for his wife and kids standing there....then I felt impressed to run to the goodwill store which I love sometimes--today was pretty lucky for me (coat for Rose for $5!) but when the announcement came on to keep my child with me at all times and my purse too, I was ready to go...and then on the way home I killed a really pretty yellow butterfly with my windshield. So all in all, a pretty full morning. I usually don't post my activities like this but I've been reading my kids facebook pages too much lately. Although I haven't caved yet, I let my older kids do it. And for any parent who lets their children do facebook, please don't think that this is some "clean" site--there is plenty of filth there very easily gotten to just like everywhere else on the internet, so keep an eye out. Sorry, I just panick when my kids go to houses where that's the only site the teenagers can get on while their parents aren't there--Hello!? Have you really looked at it?-- Anyway, all the posting about --I just brushed my teeth, I'm eating nachos, I'm picking my nose or my favorite--I'm bored---just made me feel like posting my activities. :-) So glad to be back.
5 comments:
Linda so glad your feeling better and that there are no planned trips to the hospital in your future.
So I hope your strong enough to hear this. Get rid of this background. How doped up were you when you picked it? If it makes you happy (and you care nothing for my opinion)keep it.
And your right facebook can get really naughty. Teenagers are so stupid sometimes. Hello, we all can read whatever they put up there.
Glad you loved the Kidney stone"cake". I am so happy you are feeling better. Can't wait to have fun at the football game. Mani is liking the facebook thing but she gets 15-20 min limits and I always am walking past her to check. She does share things with me so I feel ok about it. Did find a topless girl when I was scrolling profiles. So yes you have to be careful.
Looks like you were well taken care of in all aspects. I am glad to hear that. LOVE The cake... too funny
I'm so glad you are feeling better too. I do wish I could have made you something....I suck at that, and will work on my fears. That cake Elke made is awesome and so were the rolls!!! Your background makes me wanna dance, like pop-lock break dance!
I'm SO glad that you finally had a full day of getting out and going places after feeling trapped in the house for so long! I remember getting that feeling like I just had to get out after I had my babies. I too loved the kidney stone cake. How creative, Elke! I feel very lame at not bringing you anything...cooking is just not my forte. I was thinking about you everyday though.
Post a Comment