Thursday, August 20, 2009

Hannah's baptism

Hannah's baptism was on August 9th and it was wonderful. We were able to have family here to see Junior ordained a priest the same day and then we had a lot of family and friends here for Hannah's baptism which we held right after church. Here Hannah is wearing the dress her Grandma Howe made for all her daughters and almost all Hannah's girl cousins have worn it also.
Here she is right after being baptized. She doesn't like being the center of attention at all but she handled everything really well.
Her dad baptized her and here they are right afterwards.
And I got a few random shots of the RS Room right after the baptism. How cool is it that the Martinez's got here just in time for Hannah's baptism and Bro. Young was still here too? It's like Arizona is all moving out here! There is another family from AZ here also but they are in another ward.

Ha! I finally got a picture of Tina!
It was an awesome day thanks to our awesome family and friends. Grandma and Grandpa Howe gave the talks and were wonderful. It was the last day the Howe's were with us after an awesome visit but it was just really a sweet, special time. I am so grateful I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and am so grateful my children have all (one to go) made the choice to be a member also. It was a day Hannah will never forget and neither will we. Thank you to everyone that came and made it so great!

6 comments:

Lesley said...

Wish we could have been there too! She is such a beautiful girl.

When the baby comes you will have two more baptisms, not one ;)

Teah said...

That is so awesome!! Tell Hannah I said congratultions!! I am so proud of her. And how fun to have some of Arizona with you!

Eric and Rozanne said...

It was a really neat day! I'm so glad we got to be there to be part of it, and how cool that Strati and the Martinez were all there...plus Junior being ordained the same day!

Grandpa Howe said...

We are so very glad to have been able to be there! It was way special for us all.

The Young's said...

It really was a special day and you had to go ruin the whole blog by putting my picture on there! Bear with me while I think of payback.......

Unknown said...

Hard to imagine she's that old. I loved teaching her in primary even for such a short time. They were so excited about starting school!! The pictures are great, i'm glad it was such a special day for Hannah!!