Friday, August 21, 2009

Fun facts

I was trying to find out something completely unrelated and found out two things about Hopkinsville, KY that I thought were really interesting. Although we live in Clarksville, TN which has the majority of the church members in this area, the Stake Center is in Hopkinsville (known as Hoptown). Anyway, did you know that 98% of the world's bowling balls are made in Hopkinsville? And did you know that 8 years from this very day, Hopkinsville will be the closest metropolitan area to the expected point of greatest eclipse (during a total solar eclipse), which will occur about 12 miles (19 km) northwest of the city center? Now you know what I know.

2 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

Very interesting, Linda! You have been doing your research. Thanks for sharing. Bowling balls, huh? That is surprising!

Grandpa Howe said...

THAT's where all those bowling balls come from.