

So when Jer and I recently went to Montgomery we wanted to see if we could find the Howe's old house and although we had no address, I'm pretty sure we found the right house. The family from church (the Lamb's) they sold it to still live in it although I think all their children are out of the house now. They are all still in the same ward though. There were actually a lot of people (in addition to the Lamb's) that I remember in the ward there at church on Sunday like Bessie and DeeAnn Kelly, the Stockman's, the Nemnich's, the Demaree's, Laura Bazzell, the Jordan family, etc. Anyway, when people say they need a room for each of their kids, or 5000 square feet to raise 2 1/2 kids, it makes me smile--because the Howe's had at least 8 kids in this house and they did just fine! I'd be surprised if there were more than 1500 sq. ft. to this house. I actually have a lot of fond memories of hanging out there so I'm really glad I got a picture of it!
9 comments:
i had to smile myself when you said people need 5000 sq ft to raise 2 1/2 kids. it's so true! that may be another big reason families are falling apart....too spread out from eachother in their own home! amazing the things people would never consider anymore like having children share a room, lol! anyway, i love a good trip down memory lane...thanks for the post! :)
I love that. We went to Georgia where Eric spent his HS years a few years back and got some pics of his old house and church, etc. That was fun. We're gonna go back with the kids sometime now that we are closer and they are older.
We knew a family in WA that built a 10,000 sq foot house. After they moved in, I asked one of their sons how they liked their new house and he said he didn't like it because he couldn't ever find anyone and they didn't ever see each other anymore. Togetherness is a good thing.
Is one of those fond memories of kissing Scott in the backyard? Just wondering.
Ben,
Cheap talk coming from the Womanizer of the Century! I remember one time at church in Alabama most of the Young Women were in the room and all of a sudden we realized that at some point you had "seduced" every girl in that room (at least 10 girls were in there at the time). Every girl makes mistakes...
How's the "Big Fat R"?
Uh, keep it nice, boys.
Wow, guess I hit a nerve.
I forgot the emoticon at the end of my comment. ;-) There we go.
The house is actually 1100 square feet. It's a good thing we were friends. There were a bazillion leaf-dropping trees in the back yard that allowed the kids to make cool forts, tunnels, and things. We also wound up with bags and bags and bags of leaves for the garbage guys to pick up. The house (at least the front) hasn't changed a bit.
Post a Comment