Friday, July 17, 2009

A little history

I don't have a lot of pictures of my parents or grandparents anywhere so when I was at my parents' house recently, I started taking pictures of all the pictures there so I would finally have them. Just excuse any glare off the glass, etc. It was the best I could do at the time. Here are my mom and dad from a few years ago. Here's a nice shot of my dad.

Here are my mother's parents going to something my mom called a green and gold ball. I'm not sure what that meant.
Here's a picture of my mother. I'm guessing she was around 19 but I could be wrong.
Here's a picture of my mother as a little girl.
Here's a picture of my dad's mother and father--Thomas Gage and Arietta Morris. I think this Grandpa is the one we get the red hair from.
This is a picture of my dad (left) and his brother Bill. My dad also has a younger sister Marie but I've never seen any photos of her.
And here is a picture of my dad's dad before he passed away. I'm not sure exactly when this picture was taken.
I know I have scottish ancestry on my mother's dad's mom's side so I think this is the Barclay crest/shield/pattern? I actually have no idea but I took a picture of it anyway.
Here is an early shot of my mother as a baby with her parents.
And this is my mother with just her mother.
Here is my mother (left) with her family as grown-ups. Her sister Kathy is standing next to her, then her brother Bob and other sister Janet. My mother was the oldest child. Mark Gardner and Ruth Stoker are my maternal grandparents.

I wish I had more photos of both of my parents' families but I don't. At least now I'll have these in my book! Hmmm, now where are pictures of Jeremy's grandparents, etc.?

3 comments:

6L's said...

cool!

Teah said...

That's awesome. I love seeing old pictures like that.

snapie said...

You so look like your mom!