Friday, July 17, 2009
Camp Clark
Some people have wondered where my kids were earlier this week and no, we didn't sell them. The older two are at an LDS Encampment at Camp Buck Toms in eastern Tennessee and the 3 younger kids went to Camp Clark in Huntsville. Camp Clark was the best by far because not only did the kids have an awesome time--it was free, and they came halfway to get the kids and to return them. The kids did all sorts of things like making sugar-cube pyramids, frosting cakes, learning latch-hook work, making rubber blubber, sleeping in tents, visiting the botanical gardens, etc. The kids even got a "real" breakfast more than once and some of them got to help make it. I didn't even hear from my kids until the last day and when Rose finally got on the phone, all she had to say to me was, "I don't miss you. I don't want to come home." :-) I hear she even called the lady in charge of the camp "Mom". Rose is real loyal that way. I thought I was going to miss the kids so much I'd be crying all day but I was so busy I just didn't have much time to think about it. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and wouldn't trade being a mom for anything but seeing how much I was able to get done when they weren't here--whew, kids are a lot of work! The lady in charge of the camp already has 4 kids of her own so she got to experience 7 kids (10 and under) for a few days. And so what did she do? She did all the kids' laundry so I wouldn't have to do any work when they got home. And so my question is--when is Camp Clark open next summer? :-) Actually, by then, maybe it'll have to be reversed and be Camp Howe. You know, the one where I introduce them all to video games and ignore them for a week. Just kidding! Clarks--you are the best and the kids had a blast! We cannot thank you enough!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'd like to find out how to get my kids enrolled for "Camp Clark". :) Sounds like a deal! I wish we had family close. Alex didn't seem to miss me much either. Good thing Eric called to keep my posted!
Post a Comment