Saturday, July 18, 2009
In another life
Having taken pictures of all the photos in my parents' house of grandparents, etc., I had to take a few more for just me. Here's my senior picture. I know it's sideways but I can right it when I do my blog book and that's all I really care about. :-)
Now to completely change the subject--I have done a little bit of art in my past. I don't claim to be any kind of real artist but I like some of the stuff I've done and I get that really involved, engrossed, excited kind of calm feeling anytime I get to really work on something artistic (which is pretty much never). I went to a high school that was for academics only so the last time I really had any art training was in 9th grade and luckily my mom kept some of my work from that year. I don't remember what kind of project this was called, I just know you had this "sheet" of clay basically and you carved out whatever you didn't want and then we inked them and rolled them. The "sheet" could be used over and over. This was a picture of my friend Mary's little brother William.
This next one was my absolute favorite (and my best from 9th grade). It is a watercolor and I remember absolutely loving working on this one. My art teacher, Mr. Gunter, would put all our projects up when we were done working on them and critique them out loud. It could be a little bit stressful but I was pretty happy the day he critiqued this one.
Now this isn't really artwork, it's a cross-stitch I made for my parents as a Christmas gift when me and Jer were poorer than dirt. The mat around it is just a posterboard cut out and painted blue and my mom even kept it that way!
Here's is a silhouette I made for my mom for mother's day as a Young Women's activity. I think I was barely 12 or so. I just copied what they had so there was no real art going on here--I just like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your senior picture is beautiful! Love your watercolors!!!!You are amazingly talented.
You are quite the artist. Maybe my kids could take some art lessons or something from you. Love your senior picture...so beautiful!!
Post a Comment