Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hannah turns 8 and I stay up late

Thursday Hannah turned 8 and we had some friends over for dinner/dessert. It was so much fun! I didn't get to bed until 2am! That's what happens when you have awesome people over. I'm just lucky 2 of Hannah's favorite friends from her primary class happen to have moms that are 2 of my favorite friends (and actually 2 of my favorite families). The above picture is Hannah before I took her to the movies. I was just so impressed with her color coordination I asked her to pose for me. Now here's the cake. Anytime I get to work with frosting I'm happy. I'm still not sure about the colors but Hannah really liked it. Notice the 2 huge ladybugs make the number 8.
This makes the 5th ipod shuffle our family owns. Rose wants one now even though she's only 4.
Hannah's engraving says "Hannah is awesome". :-)Hannah is being trained correctly. She had a little money left from what her Grandma sent her and she choose chocolate.
Hannah loves stuffed animals. She loves to arrange them, carry them around, etc. Here are some she got for her birthday which include her first 2 webkinz. Are we behind the times or what?
And here's Hannah at her party. The two girls on the right are in my Primary class and I just love them.
I thought this was funny. It looks like Tessa and Rose are having a drinking contest. Oh, and the cute little chocolate cake next to the ladybug one was brought by the Bass's. It was so yummy.
I always tell people not to bring gifts when we have people over for birthdays because I just don't want people to stress over it. I think I may cause more stress that way though. Anyway, our friends didn't listen to me and this is a little "piggy" bank Hannah got from the Youngs (among other awesome things).
And I just thought this was the cutest idea. Tessa painted this picture and they framed it for Hannah. I still have it in my living room because I just think it's adorable. She also made her a cute bead necklace.
One more shot of the birthday girl at her party.
Hannah will be baptized in a couple weeks when part of Jeremy's family gets here. 8 really is great and we are so lucky you are part of our family Hannah!

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Another awesome cake creation! Happy Birthday Hannah :)

Teah said...

Happy Birthday!! I really miss Hannah! She is a great girl. 8 is a great age. Can't wait for her baptism.

The Young's said...

Wow Hannah had a party until 2 am? I'm so glad I left at 1am! Did you notice the cake looks yellow in some of the pictures, totally cute!

Eric and Rozanne said...

That was a lot of fun. I can't believe Tina stayed until 1am! Isn't that over-staying your welcome, Tina? :) I loved the ladybug cake and the frosting was so good. I need to get your recipe. Mine was just the ordinary kind out of the baking aisle. Congratulations Hannah on turning 8...we're looking forward to your baptism.

treefrogsplace said...

Can't wait to be there for the baptism! Happy birthday Hannah!