Jer and I are without any of our 5 kids right now so we took the opportunity to go and see the midnight screening of the new Harry Potter movie. Jer is at work after getting maybe 2 hours of sleep and of course I got to sleep in so I'm doing great. :-) It was worth it! The movie was awesome!! We both really enjoyed it and I think the running time is close to 2 1/2 hours but it didn't feel like it. Despite what we knew was going to happen at the end, it is actually a really funny movie with lots of adorable scenes. I just love Luna. I'm just not sure we'll want to do the midnight thing again--we rarely go to opening days for movies because I hate being in crowds of ill-behaved people. I kind of thought that Harry Potter might be different because it's (kind of) for kids but definitely not at midnight. It's so sad to see what kind of behaviour is just completely acceptable now. We did get some peace when an older lady next to us had the courage to turn around and yell at some crude teenage boys. My solution was to listen to my ipod but yea for the brave lady! I do like seeing the fun, crazy people that go to midnight shows. There were lots of people in costumes--the favorite seems to be the grey sweater with the white shirt and striped tie under it. One teenager ahead of us brought a wand and kept walking around saying "Accio wallet" while his friends tossed his wallet at him. I thought it was funny. Anyway, if you were planning on seeing it--I think you will be really glad you did!
Wednesday, July 15, 2009
Midnight Show Review
Jer and I are without any of our 5 kids right now so we took the opportunity to go and see the midnight screening of the new Harry Potter movie. Jer is at work after getting maybe 2 hours of sleep and of course I got to sleep in so I'm doing great. :-) It was worth it! The movie was awesome!! We both really enjoyed it and I think the running time is close to 2 1/2 hours but it didn't feel like it. Despite what we knew was going to happen at the end, it is actually a really funny movie with lots of adorable scenes. I just love Luna. I'm just not sure we'll want to do the midnight thing again--we rarely go to opening days for movies because I hate being in crowds of ill-behaved people. I kind of thought that Harry Potter might be different because it's (kind of) for kids but definitely not at midnight. It's so sad to see what kind of behaviour is just completely acceptable now. We did get some peace when an older lady next to us had the courage to turn around and yell at some crude teenage boys. My solution was to listen to my ipod but yea for the brave lady! I do like seeing the fun, crazy people that go to midnight shows. There were lots of people in costumes--the favorite seems to be the grey sweater with the white shirt and striped tie under it. One teenager ahead of us brought a wand and kept walking around saying "Accio wallet" while his friends tossed his wallet at him. I thought it was funny. Anyway, if you were planning on seeing it--I think you will be really glad you did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Where are your kids?
We sold them to some gypsies that were passing through. I can't believe how much money they were worth!!! I'm getting a beamer and Linda is out looking for the dream home as we speak! ;-)
I took Armani on her B-day in the afternoon. Alot less crazy. We loved it. Oh yeah the selling kids thing is the way to go. How do you think we will be buying our house? Who needs a lender when you have kids to hock.:)
Thanks for the review. We are definitely going to see it, so I'm glad to hear it is good. We'll wait until the crowds die down though. :) Love Jeremy's comment! :)
Post a Comment