Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Historic Chipley, FL

My brother and his wife live in a little town in the panhandle of Florida called Chipley. I don't think either of them actually work there but right now they are renting this really cool old house that was built in 1906 or 1904. Anyway, it's over a hundren years old. I love how huge they made the rooms back then and how they all lead into each other. I don't know if the sign below is my brother's or the actual owner's --I just thought it was funny.



I think chandeliers are the best. One day I'm going to have a real one and spend many hours staring at it.
Front of the house.
Back of the house.

This is one of the best screened-in porches I've ever seen! It wraps around so there's a whole other side to it.

And I didn't get a shot of all of it but the amount of cupboard space in the kitchen was phenomenal.

Here's a picture of my brother making an awesome breakfast for us all. I haven't seen him or his family in nearly 10 years so it was really great to visit and catch up.

1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

What a cool old house. The wallpaper is so interesting and the architecture looks cool. I like exploring places like that. Love the Santa sign...I need one of those. If we told them to be naughty, they'd probably be nice, right?