Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Darth Vader in Alabama

Isn't that an awesome picture of the flag? One of Jen's photos inspired me to try and get a shot like this. I took this at the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville when we visited Mel and Josh in June. They had a great big 'ol flag out front and guess what else? Apparently they will have a Star Wars exhibit there next summer and the day we went was the press conference for all that. Are we lucky or what? My husband is a huge Star Wars fan so he was in 7th heaven. These smaller shots were ones I got from Melissa's camera.






This is my favorite shot--Jeremy kept quoting stuff from the movies at the characters and Darth Vader just stared at him. :-)

Here's one of the rides at the Space Center.
Here's the girls being sweet.
This is sorta like that awful ride I hate at Disneyland. I just took pictures this time. :-)
Here we all are getting ready to watch the 3D movie. This was the only part that cost us anything because the Space and Rocket center entry fee is waived for all military.
I love this picture--Kate looks like she doesn't want us to hear.
Rose's favorite funny face.
The rock climbing wall was a lot of fun but make sure you wear the right kind of shoes (not sandals).
I braved the wall too but that's as far up as I got. :-)
This is a kid version of that Mali-boomer thing--the kids loved it--I just wished I could get on.




I went to the Space and Rocket Center once as a kid because we lived about 3 hours from it so it was cool to get to see it again. Younger kids tend not to appreciate how cool some of the displays, etc. are but it was a very fun day and the Star Wars surprise was totally awesome!


1 comment:

Eric and Rozanne said...

That is definitely on our list of places to go, especially with the free military deal. Maybe we'll have to hit the Star Wars exhibit. Eric and Alex both like Star Wars too.