Thursday, July 30, 2009

Happy Teeth

I haven't been to the dentist in 6 years. I know that is terrible but I'm not such a big fan. As a kid, all the dentist ever did was pull my teeth out before they were ready so the new ones would come in straight. I've been told by other dentists that it looks like I wore braces on my top teeth they are so straight, but it was really because my dentist was a very mean man. And all of his hygenists looked like uh, how do I say "women of the night" nicely? Guess that's how. :-) Anyway, this trend of going to the dentist and having a tooth pulled every time (baby teeth) has led to me not going to the dentist a lot and having 5 kids gives me a good excuse because I am too busy taking them to the dentist, and the pediatrician, and the dermatologist, and the optometrist, and the cardiologist, and the ENT guy, etc. (And all those appointments were just made recently.) But a couple months ago, I broke part of one of my molars so I knew I was going to have to go in. The break left the side of the tooth so sharp it's been cutting my cheek since then. Once we moved into this house, I decided to choose a dentist close by and found one less than 5 minutes away. I was a little nervous but it turned out wonderful. Dr. Moseley on Wilma Rudolph was super nice and he did a great job on my tooth. He actually seemed to care that I was nervous instead of being annoyed and he didn't hurt me at all. I felt like he really wanted to save my tooth too. So it's filled but if it breaks or the nerve that was nearly exposed starts causing problems, I'll have to have a root canal. Here's hoping it's fixed. I'm just glad it wasn't infected or anything because I've waited so long to do anything about it. And I have an actual appt. for a regular cleaning for the first time in 6 years. He didn't even make me feel bad about not going to the dentist or flossing, etc. He just seemed happy to see me. So if anyone new to Clarksville is looking for a dentist--I've only been to him once so far but I really like him (and the hygenists look like decent women which is another plus). :-)

2 comments:

6L's said...

oooh, thanks for this info! i'm not new but since my dentist moved years ago i haven't found anyone i like since and have also put off going. thanks for the referral!!

Eric and Rozanne said...

I'm glad that you got your tooth fixed, and thanks for the referral. We haven't found a dentist here yet.