
Although the boys are at EFY in Kentucky this week, they spent the past week or so at Camp Buck Toms in eastern Tennessee at an LDS Encampment. There were 10 stakes that attended and I believe over 700 people were there. Pretty good for the South. Although Junior only needs to finish an Eagle Project to complete Scouts, he went on the campout anyway and took a photography class there which benefited me greatly since he came back with some great pictures. Nick is actually pretty close to just needing an Eagle Project too but I just have a feeling this will be their last "Scout camp" together and I am so glad it was an LDS one. The highlight of the whole thing was them getting to meet Bro. Gibson (it's Brother, not Elder, right?) who is currently the 1st counselor in the Young Men's General Presidency. Here he is with the boys.

Here are the t-shirts they got from the camp which I thought were really cool. The boys really liked them too.

I realized Junior may have gotten some pictures of the other scouts with Bro. Gibson that their moms might not have so I'll post those here so they can get them.



I finally got to see what the tents look like.

The boys had some really great leaders and friends go on this campout too. Here from left to right-- Alex, Matt and Bro. Fuller.

The only real mishap was on the way home, the boys' ride got a flat tire.

But if that hadn't happened, we never would have got this shot of Nick walking through Walmart in his pajamas. :-)

Here's the main meeting area where they got to listen to Bro. Gibson (and others) speak.

Junior really outdid himself on some of the photos and I'm going to post some of my favorites.
I just hope they take as many pictures at EFY this week!
1 comment:
great post! loren says yes about the nasty tang thing...blech!!
Post a Comment