Sunday, June 7, 2009

My Heroes


I am so glad today is the day that it is. This has been one of those times in my life I would never rewind. I am SO glad the past couple weeks are over! We managed to move out of one house and into another and we got through 5 days of Cub Scout Daycamp. This week I will finally get to organize my new house. I have been itching to get at it today but since it's the Sabbath, I will be good and wait until tomorrow. Plus, I have a ton of pictures that need to be blogged so here's where I'll spend my evening. I will try to space out the posts over the week though.
This post is just to thank my heroes from the past two weeks--my husband and my two older sons. I kind of expect my husband to be the power behind a move but this time he really had some serious help. My sons have worked like you wouldn't believe, especially for a 14 and 15 year old. Actually, I'm not sure most grown men have worked as hard as they have lately. We didn't ask anyone in our ward to help us move [although we couldn't stop Tina and Strati from helping out some--darn them--:-)] and these boys worked and worked and worked and worked. Junior couldn't do as much of the physical labor because of his asthma but he still did as much as he could, plus he was a great babysitter. Nick has the strength and work ethic to put most teenagers to shame. And then once we had moved out of one house, into another, cleaned up the old one and the boys had mowed 3 separate lawns in 2 days (for no pay)--what did they do? Nick agreed to come help me everyday at Cub Day Camp and Junior agreed to watch the girls all week and do anything I needed in the house. I am now never allowed to say again--"you boys need to learn how to work" because they just did. The above pictures are actually from a Stake Service Day a month or so ago but it is a good representation of how we looked and felt after the other week. Someone at the Daycamp asked me how I managed to get my teenager to help me out all week and I honestly don't know. The boys are incredible and I am so thankful for them and not only how much they help, but how much fun we have doing horrible things like this together. :-)

4 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

You have such great boys! I liked them the moment I met them and I like them even more now. It's easy to see where they got their greatness and work ethic... Please let me do something for you this week. I feel so bad that we were out-of-town when you moved and then with day camp all last week...not to mention your health problems. You certainly deserve a break. If you have anymore lifting, etc, I'll send Alex over. He's pretty strong for a skinny kid. He'd love to help the boys unpack or whatever too and he can be a hard worker.

Joshua said...

Why didn't you say you guys needed help... we're right here... only two hours away! Seriously, whenever you need a hand, just call. Just think of it as an excuse for us to come visit.

The Young's said...

It was awesome just to sit back and watch the Howe Beasts work. You should be proud of them. I know I appreciate everything they have done for us and I will happily pay them to mow my lawn.

Grandpa Howe said...

It's rather startling how they become such great workers. I was sure our boys would all end up as lazy as I am. But they didn't.