So I spent Thursday night in the ER due to some reading on my heart thingie from 2 days previous to that. The ER here at the new Gateway hospital was awesome. I was home in an hour and a half! And I saw a real doctor 3 times and had all sorts of tests done right there in the room. I got to see a cardiologist on Friday who said something about my heart stopping for 3 seconds a few times from the heart monitor reports, mostly while I'm sleeping, but he didn't seem too concerned. I got a call today from my primary care physician telling me some blockage or something was reported on my monitor and I needed to go to the ER if I feel anything out of the ordinary. I think they are going to give me a heart attack about having a heart attack! It's starting to get to me a little bit and when I told Jer last night I was afraid to die and the dumb monitor went off right when I said it--that was not the most comforting moment. I did get a blessing last night though and I felt really peaceful during it so I know everything will be ok. I'm almost done with my second round of steroids for the hives and the hives actually seem to be lessening a little--mostly having issues in the morning but an ointment they gave me is working pretty well.
So, on top of all this, we have been looking for another rental since the guy we are renting from is trying to sell the house and we found a really great one just down the street from the house the Young's are buying. I won't go into the complicated details about how it all worked out but the guy we are renting from right now is getting away with murder and we're letting him. Sometimes my sanity must come first. The kids are really excited about it because the Youngs will be down the street, it's a really nice house, and hey, they're military kids, so they like change (sometimes). This one won't involve a high school change for the boys so I think they're happy about that. And we will still be in the same ward here in Clarksville which is great for all of us.
We are just so excited about being near the Young's! It's going to be so fun, we just wish Strati wasn't leaving (as does his family, I'm sure). We have been through quite a bit together in the past couple weeks and we just love them even more than we did. (They even got to see my 9 year old shoot a pencil with a rubber band four rows ahead of us in sacrament meeting today during someone's talk. It doesn't get much more mortifying than that.)
And like I said before-- the best thing about having the Youngs here has been their company and friendship during a time where I would have probably been sobbing in a corner all day worried about everything and then some. There is nothing like family and friends when you are having a hard time. Also, we never would've watched Sons of Provo! We've managed to watch it about 3 times. How did I miss that one!? So, so funny! Love it.
So basically we are moving in a week and hopefully we can pull this off with minimal stress. We plan on doing it over a period of several days and not boxing much up, just kind of picking up the rooms and hopefully easily moving everything in. I'll let you know how that goes. :-)
9 comments:
So sorry about the scary stuff. I'm praying that things will get better and you can get some peace.
That's great that you get to live close to the Youngs! It's amazing how things like that work out sometimes. Can't wait to see pictures of the new place (I love southern houses!)
Where are you and the Young's living? We are looking to buy (the housing wait on post is 2-4 months) and I am looking in the area north of Tiny Town Rd (right by post). I hate driving so it has to be close to post. i hope your move goes smoothly and the doctors can figure out what is going on with you. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Wonderful news about the Young's and the house. I wish I could be there to help with the move. You take care of yourself first! Please.
We are praying for you all Linda! It looks like we will be there in July so you will have even more friend support!
linda...lmk what day we can help move! glad you had a good experience at gateway!
In and out in a hour and a half! Are you kidding me, sounds like a great hospital! We are praying for you, man I hate health related stuff, hang in there. We are trying to find a rental but have had no such luck. All we want is an incredible place for next to nothing, are we asking to much? Glad you guys found something so soon and close to good friends. You are defently being looked after :)
That's certainly wonderful that you were able to find a house so quickly! And on the same street as the Youngs. Keep yourself well!
Linda, I really feel for you. I've been scared about my own health in the past, and it is more stressful than anything else for me. I hope you can get to the bottom of it soon and everything will be ok. I wish we were going to be in town to help with the move. We'll be back the 30th if you ned anything then. I found out about 2 rentals today, but too late for you. I know you'll love being by the Youngs though.
Sorry to hear about all the heart issues. Sad to say, that's the key to a quick ER visit though. :) Glad to hear everything else is going well and you have friends close by. Hang in there!
Post a Comment