Why is it that when I actually have a million things to blog about I never do it! I am going to forget stuff quickly so I better get this post done. Our awesome friends the Youngs from Ft. Huachuca moved here last week and they have been keeping us company while they are waiting to move into their new home. It has been so much fun but the best part is they are keeping me distracted from all the things that keep going wonky. Instead of crying myself to sleep--I get to hang out with one of my favorite families ever! We really do love you guys.
So, the guy we are renting this house from actually has turned some things over to a realtor who came out and stuck a "for sale" sign in the yard, put a lock box on the door and told me to "keep things presentable" !!??? I am paying rent for this? We discovered the upstairs air conditioning unit is leaking in the boys' room closet and the owner of the house didn't even want to fix it until the realtor told him he had to take care of his tenants. We are still waiting 3 days later. We had a fun experience on Friday with some severe weather. The Youngs hadn't even been here a week before they got to experience their first tornando warning (our second). We spent a few minutes Friday afternoon in our bathroom downstairs eating animal crackers trying not to panic. It was a lot more fun with friends! :-) That night we had some serious rain and further storming and we lost power for over 12 hours thanks to some trees that fell down on power lines. Apparently my family in Montgomery experienced 10 inches of rain in about 5-6 hours which is completely insane. Major flooding there, just a little bit here. Oh, also last week, I finally went to the doctor about all my issues and now I have a little heart monitor box because my heart is being a little weird or something. I got a steriod shot in the bum for the hives so those are gone for now. I also had an ultrasound of my heart and some other work done so we'll see what is going on with me! I still need to find a dentist. So, I'm thinking we've handled this crazy week ok, even managing to remember to call our moms for Mother's Day and then Jer calls me this morning to tell me he hit the mailbox taking the kids to seminary this morning. Our mailbox is more like a brick monument so the car lost and will cost $2200 to repair ($500 deductible for us in case you need to know). I knew we'd be hitting that sucker before we moved out of here so now it's done, we can go. The actual army band from Ft. Campbell returns from Afghanistan this Thursday so we are keeping our fingers crossed that we might find "something" out about our future. 4 more years, 4 more years, 4 more years. I can do it.
6 comments:
Heart monitor? WHat the...We will be praying for you Linda! I can't wait to see you and your family. We love you guys!!!
Well I've been good about reading blogs but horrible about commenting. I'm sorry for all the things that suck right now! When I read the one about you having to move I just couldn't believe it. I hope everything medically works out ok...I know being stuck to a machine, even if it's little, is stinkin' annoying!
I'm glad you're getting to hang out with the Youngs, that has to be a lot of fun for all of you.
I guess I'm missing something about the band...they've been deployed? How did that work with Jeremy?
Well we can't thank you enough for letting us "hang out" with you guys (we have moved in to your house!!!). It has been great. And you if you need it...I would totally give you a shot in the bum....because that's what kind of friend I am!
Sorry to hear about all the heart stuff...I hope they can get to the bottom of it soon. The worrying and wondering can sometimes be the most stressful. Wow, you guys have had a lot going on. I almost hit your mailbox when I pulled out after bringing Nick home a couple of weeks ago. Sorry to hear about that too. Please let us know if we can help with anything at all.
It's about time that mailbox got its comeuppance. The $500 will almost be worth it. You take good care of yourself Linda, we can hardly wait to see you in July.
Linda,
Sorry your body is freaking out on you right now. I hope it all gets better soon.
The young's are there! I want to party with you all. I made a blanket for Tina's baby but never sent it. I was going to pack it up but now I'm glad I didn't it would have gone to Arizona. Tell her to send an address when she gets it.
Post a Comment